- A person who has reached the age of at least seven years
- Must be a citizen, national or legal permanent resident of the United States or be in the country on a valid student or work visa.
- Must be actively pursuing a degree or career in the creative arts.
- Must have demonstrated significant potential in their field.
- Must be diagnosed by a licensed physician with a disability and/or a progressive, degenerative, or malignant condition.
- Family members of Board members or Employees are ineligible.
Selection is based on a rating system judged in five major categories. The candidate with the highest combined cumulative points will receive the grant. These categories are:
- Quality of content submission (essay, artistic portfolio)
- Leadership/community service experience and contribution
- Letters of recommendation
- Extent of health challenges
- Phone/in-person committee interview
We accept grant applications year-round and all information is kept confidential. Please email us to find out more information firstname.lastname@example.org